I don’t do blog round memes… I like reading them. I just don’t think I can often write enough about them to make them interesting.
Given that I have little or no interesting news, oh except Dad came over for dinner on Sunday and cooked the bestest fish pie ever for us. Even the cats were interested!
So anyways on to the 99 things meme. As always I’m going to do things my way. This means quite a few things will change as I go along because I know a lot of the items are US related and I can translate them in to something else.
Carie and Mary both did this, its about time I joined in.
If you join in, please leave a comment so that I can read yours.
Things you’ve already done: bold
Things you want to do: italicize
Things you haven’t done and don’t want to – leave in plain font
1. Started your own blog. I even wrote my own code once… on my own wordpress hosted at home jobby. Then I got bored and now host online at wordpress not worrying about sorting out any code at all. That is what my husband is for. Code monkey!
2. Slept under the stars. Sorta, I camped often as a child but always with a tent.
3. Played in a band. GOD NO. Cant sing and certainly cant hold down a tune on any instrument. I listen instead.
4. Visited Hawaii. Visited anywhere outside Europe. I went to Yugoslavia before it was split up. Thats about the furthest I’ve ever been.
5. Watched a meteor shower. Several, non that really took my breath away but seen my fair share of shooting stars.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity. NAH. I give, but I’m reticent to tell anyone. The point of charitable giving for me is to only have YOU know what YOU have given, therefore you cant feel guilty. Bragging about it is just, well, eurgh.
7. Been to Disneyland/world. Does Disneyland Paris count? 3 times. Once as a child the year after it opened and twice for work. The work outings were much more enjoyable because I could drink before getting on the rides. puke ups, nil! Hoorah!
8. Climbed a mountain. Nope. A fair few hills in my time but nothing THAT big. Although I have been driven by my parents over most of France as a kid I may have been driven up a mountain. The roads were certainly scary enough.
10. Sang a solo. HHAHAHAAHAHAHAHahahahahah ahahahahahaha ahahahaha *breathe* ahahahahahaha hahahaha please stop me I’ve got a stitch. Oh… maybe I have. I think it was a school harvest festival. *shudders at the memory* at around age 8. Oh and crikey I just remembered I lead a kirtan or two at the temple. That would count.
11. Bungee jumped. I like my eyeballs and retinas still attached thanks. I thought it may be fun when I was younger but I just know my skin would never fit the same again now. I like rides where you’re strapped in and its SAFE.
12. Visited Paris. A couple of times. Once with my parents, once on a school trip where the bus went round the arc de triomphe TWICE. SCARY.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea. Also like Mary I grew up on the coast and saw many a sea storm from the land. Always impressive and cool.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. Needle felting. Great fun stabbing things until your wrists hurts and getting something pretty at the end of it.
15. Adopted a child. not likely. I’m happy as I am and I would like to try and create my own first. My need to mother and have children has so not kicked in properly.
16. Had food poisoning. Oh yes. Both ends at the same time . On a training course in London. Best thing I could do was get a cab to the hotel and sit in bed with a very very large brandy and a little light sorbet. It worked! best cure ever.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty. nope.
18. Grown your own vegetables. TA DA! I must admit though they were all eaten by catapillars and slugs. Not a great success.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France. something I missed on my walks around paris.
20. Slept on an overnight train. no way unless I get my own pillow from home.
21. Had a pillow fight. but I cant stand feathers so I’ve never had a pillow burst and shower the room.
22. Hitch hiked. GOD no. I don’t have a death wish. I have also NEVER picked up a hitch hiker.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. Except I’ve got this nagging doubt even when I am ill that I’m skiving so this may not be the case.
24. Built a snow fort. I want to build a snow cat and a snow dog and anything else if only I had enough snow!
25. Held a lamb. Milked a cow. I loved it too. Until the cow put its back leg in the milk bucket.
26. Gone skinny dipping. in a private pool, in our private villa on holidays. Where its WARM.
27. Run a marathon. Nope, never I really never ever want to feel that knackered.
28. Ridden a gondola in Venice. I was due to go to venice when on a school trip to Italy as a child. The trains had a strike so we could not go. I did get to go to verona instead and see juliettes balcony.
29. Seen a total eclipse. Shpoooky.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset. many many times. helps living in a country where during the winter the sun rises between 6 and 9 and sets between 3 and 8. Also saw some on honeymoon. Oh and getting up at 4am with the hare krishnas leads to some great sunrise chanting. Most enjoyable meditation.
31. Hit a home run. on WiiSports and in rounders at highschool. who’d of thunk I was sporty at school! HA.
32. Been on a cruise. I like holidays where I choose where and when I interact with people. Cruising sounds like hell.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person. nope.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. sorta…. if you count going to visit my granny. She never moved far from where she grew up.
35. Seen an Amish community spent some time with another religous community. Got to love them HK’s they are so very welcoming. I was innocent, it was a great match for a while.
36. Taught yourself a new language. meh, I can code a little but I cant call that propper. I was tought french and italian at school but they are so rusty you could pull off the bumber.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. I’m with Mary on this. Money is not there for satisfaction, its there to put food on the plate and help you get confortable enough to find the real satisfactions in life. My bills are paid, I have a little left over for occasional treats.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person. *le sigh* makes note to book next holiday in italy.
39. Gone rock climbing. we had a rock wall in Norfolk at our highschool. Flattest place in england.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David in person. nope
41. Sung Karaoke. only when drunk, 18 and on a girly holiday with my best friend Eve.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt. nope, but I wanna.
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant. resta what? I don’t go out often. Plus I’d rather take my husband.
44. Visited Africa. Nope, but nearly got to India. Even had my shots before the trip was cancelled. Still would like to see some of both.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight. Many times. oh the wild days.
46. Been transported in an ambulance. Never. Never ever even been inside an ambulance. Been to A&E but never for myself. Only been in hospital once since birth and that was to have my wisdom teeth removed all at the same time. Worst nights kip ever.
47. Had your portrait painted. YAY!
48. Gone deep sea fishing. Sailed your own boat. I used to own a laser sailing boat when I was 16. Living on the coast made me a keen sailor until I got hypothermia sailing and capsising in March in the north sea coast. I gave it all up and moved inland. I’d love to sail again but ones you cant tip over so much.
49. Seen the Sistine chapel in person. nope, but I did visit the Cappella collioni in Bergamo.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. well, no. But I have stood underneath it. Another one of those I’ve only just missed.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkelling. Lanzarotte, my first holiday with Scotty. Last day there and it was a catamaran day trip. Brilliant.
52. Kissed in the rain. 😀
53. Played in the mud. What are sea marshes for except for masses of mud? Another bonus of growing up on the coast. Lots of samphire too. Yum.
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre. Nope. Not a staple of the UK. I never ever need to go to a cinema again now we have a nice telly with the PS3 playing HD DVD’s.
55. Been in a movie. Not something I want or need to do. Although I was in the pub in wells-next-the-sea when one of my favourite actors was meant to be out site. Patrick Stewart. Instead he was a mile or so away down the beach doing other scenes. There were cameras outside so we were not allowed to peek out.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China. Nope. another place I hope one day to see but its not likely as I don’t like long haul flights.
57. Started a business. nope, I like the security of someone else paying my wages.
58. Taken a martial arts class. nope. I’m a gym and excersise avoider.
59. Visited Russia. nope, but they seem so… interesting.
60. Served at a soup kitchen. sorta… I’ve fed people for free, and some that are homeless by helping the hare krishnas and thier food for life campain.
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies. I was chucked out of brownies… I made a friend land on her face by pulling her arms through her legs.
62. Gone whale watching. nope, but saw many seals on the coast as a kid and a washed up dead whale.
63. Been given flowers for no reason. I tend not to do flowers. I don’t want the cats eating them. Plus I’m alergic to pollen, cats and many other things. I think flowers are pretty but a waste of money and resources that need to be placed elsewhere.
64. Donated blood. but not for a while. I tend to spend a lot of my time dizzy so I’d be scared of coming out from donating and passing out on the pavement.
65. Gone sky diving. Nope, not really planning on it either. bit too high and relying on a small bit of fabric to save you.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp. No, but I have been to Compiègne Forest where the armistice was signed for world war 2. I saw the train and saw some things that shocked and gave me nightmares as a child. dismembered people etc… It was barbaric viewing but a definate must see. Something to remind us humans are capable of mass atrocities and need to be reminded of such.
67. Bounced a cheque. NOPE never. Always in the black.
68. Flown in a helicopter. Nope, but dad was winched in one when he was a coast guard for training.
69. Saved a favourite childhood toy. My mum cleared out the toys from the attic and thought she’d asked me if I wanted to keep mine and I’d said no. I didn’t so poor old big ted went to the tip.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial. nope. Went to Scotland and toured a whiskey factory. I was drunk at the age of 10 ish. Well not properly drunk but they gave me enough.
71. Eaten Caviar. Does sushi count? I really love the caviar they use in some of the sushi. I’ve tried cheap jar stuff from the supermarket and don’t. Its foul.
72. Pieced a quilt. Mum and I made a quilt together for my … I think 16th birthday. I still love it but it has to be wrapped away now because its wearing thin.
73. Stood in Times Square. nope. but I’ve sung and danced through the streets of London.
74. Toured the Everglades. nope. but learned to windsurf on a lake on holiday. close enough for me!
75. Been fired from a job. nope. I was made redundant once but in my 1 month gardening leave I got two jobs. I’ve NEVER (so far caviat) been without a job since I was 14. Yes, I worked as soon as I could part time for cash.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London. yeah yeah…. lots of uniforms.
77. Broken a bone. well, not one that could be sorted out or that i’ve been told about. Any sprains or strains have always been mended the good old hard way, with just a tubagrip. Damn them never giving me crutches.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. I don’t like motor bikes. I had a friend die on one when I was 15 he was 16. Put me off them for life.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person. nope.
80. Published a book. no… this is what I write, apart from that I don’t have the wherewithall for it.
81. Visited the Vatican. nope. I’m not a pope lover, or hater just an avoider.
82. Bought a brand new car. a cheap one mind you. Just a honda Jazz. I have a Civic now but it was a year old when I got it as a deal.
83. Walked in Jerusalem. nope.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper. 3 years old, beautiful blonde curled pigtails, blanket in had and thumb in mouth. I was scared of the Mr Punch.
86. Visited the White House. nope. but seen 10 downing street from the outside.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. No. I can do with fish, have done too but I cant do it with animals so I don’t eat them.
88. Had chickenpox. Yes and scars to prove it.
89. Saved someone’s life. not that I’m aware of… but maybe that blood I gave.
90. Sat on a jury. no but I think I could cope with jury service.
91. Met someone famous. I suppose it depends what you call famous. I served Chas Smash from Madness in the chippy. Had my photo taken with Richard Branson which then was used as a caption compatition which resulted in the caption: “smile or I squeeze harder bitch” I’m so glad I don’t have that photo any more.
92. Joined a book club. sounds like hard work. I’ve not got enough time to craft let alone read and then blab about it.
93. Lost a loved one. Love my mum. Miss her loads. Must admit its messed me right up not having her to talk to. She was the bestest.
94. Had a baby. Never even been close, never missed a period apart from when I’m on the pill and they are meant to be missing. Always been careful.
95. Seen the Alamo in person. no.
96. Swum in the Great Salt Lake. no.
97. Been involved in a law suit. no, and only ever once been to court to watch my sister fight a prat who crashed in to her.
98. Owned a mobile phone. Duh.
99. Been stung by a bee. OUCH and I think I’m allergic because I swelled up. Good job it was only my little finger.
So there we go enough useless information about me to last you until at least next year. 😉 39 have dones, and I cant be bothered to add up the rest. Its taken me two days to fill this in as it is!
I nominate my husband to do this too, and anyone else who wants to.
EDIT: some more substitutions for visiting the great american places on the list:
Visited Dublin, nice city. It was a bit cold and damp in february. Driven clean accross the UK from norfolk to west wales and back. Driven abroad in france, spain and portugal. Did my “duke of edinboroughs award” did the bronze, tried the silver twice and failed and damaged my back permanantly in the process. Oh and many more things that just makes life interesting but would look dull here.